How dental implants can successfully restore your smile
Dental implants continue to improve and are a wonderful way for patients who are missing teeth to restore and repair their smile. Dr. Blanca Fernandez and her team in Lakeland, Florida, place and restore these dental implants and ensure the smile functions and looks its best!
What are dental implants?
Dr. Blanca Fernandez describes dental implants as artificial tooth roots surgically placed into the jawbone to provide a secure foundation for replacement teeth. These implants are made of titanium, which is a strong and lightweight metal that is biocompatible with the body and helps maintain natural bone.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Functionality. Dental implants look, feel, and actually function like natural teeth as they are restored with crowns to match the patient’s existing teeth and smile characteristics.
- Longevity. Dental implants will last a patient’s lifetime with proper care.
- Versatility. Dental implants replace one or more missing teeth or support full-mouth reconstruction procedures such as over dentures or bridges. Implant-supported restorations improve chewing ability and enhance the aesthetics of the smile.
- Improved oral health. Because dental implants are placed into the jawbone, they can maintain natural bone structure and avoid dental bone loss that often occurs after teeth are lost.
- Confidence. Dental implants allow you to enjoy life’s activities without worrying about your teeth!
Who is a good candidate for quality dental implants?
Good candidates for dental implants include those with healthy gums and adequate bone support in the jaw. Dr. Blanca Fernandez will evaluate your oral health, and general health to determine if you are a proper candidate for these dental implants, and discuss any potential risks or complications associated with the treatment. Dr. Fernandez Uses the latest technology CT scan, which is a three-dimensional image to evaluate the quality and quantity of the bone. If there is not sufficient bone to support an implant, a bone grafting procedure may be required to achieve successful results.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Blanca Fernandez today!
If you are seeking a durable and reliable solution to replace missing teeth, talk to Dr. Blanca Fernandez of Lakeland, FL, about how dental implants can help restore your smile! The office is conveniently located at 5163 US Highway 98 South and can be reached at (863) 457-1954.